AUNT BESSIE’S AMBIENT STORAGE FACILITY PROJECT
AUNT BESSIE’S AMBIENT STORAGE FACILITY PROJECT OVERVIEW
UK frozen food producer, Aunt Bessie’s, famed for their Yorkshire Puddings contracted FSC to deliver their new ambient storage facility.
Before project completion, the client outsourced all of their room-temperature storage needs to off-site facilities. This practice created logistical problems for the business and unwanted rental costs. The client tasked us with creating a purpose-built on-site facility that meets their operational needs.
WHAT WE DID
- Oversaw all permits and planning permission requirements.
- We designed an optimised facility to meet the client’s brief.
- Installed piling and foundation solutions.
- Erected the steel to create a steel portal frame.
- External wall cladding installation. In addition to making the structure water-tight, it also helps with insulation.
- Created a power-floated finish to the concrete floor.
- Facility fit-out. This included the installation of storage racking and electrical & plumbing works.
The creation of a new on-site ambient storage facility means the client now benefits from:
- Optimised logistics
- Lower long-term storage costs
- Ambient storage capabilities of 362,000 ft3
The inclusion of the roller-shutter door for safety and security. This allows ease of access for vehicles and pedestrians whilst making the structure secure when appropriate.
As part of the electrical installation, we added pest control lighting. This lighting is designed to comply with health codes and energy efficiency and address the potential problem of flies.